Level 2 Gym Instructor – Distance Learning
Becoming a fitness instructor, also known as a gym instructor, is a great starting point for your career in fitness. Our online gym instructor course aims to provide you with the skills and knowledge to plan and prepare gym-based exercise programmes for apparently healthy adults, to conduct consultations, and to communicate with and motivate clients effectively.
Our gym instructor course exceeds the Level 2 standards set out by the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) and CIMSPA, and is accredited by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
- Anatomy and physiology
- Diseases and common health conditions
- Analysis of client information
- Functional programme design
- Movement screening
- Effective coaching models
- Health risk stratification
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Health and safety
- Planning and instructing gym-based exercise
- Nutrition for health
- Motivational interviewing
- Conducting consultations