Teacher Training, University 2nd Year (Level 5)
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is suitable for those who are practising within the sector, or who have a significant amount of knowledge and understanding and who now wish to consolidate that experience with a formal qualification. The course is a 120 credit qualification, accredited by the Ofqual awarding organisation, Learning Resource Network.
The course is taught in two parts:
- Part A includes 5 modules studied online by distance learning and assessed by 5 written assignments. ( 3000 – 4000 words each).
- Part B requires students to obtain a suitable placement to complete their practical classroom training. A placement can be in a school, college or community group. There must be a mentor at the placement who is able to support and verify the students work.
The course prepares students to teach in a wide range of contexts and requires observation and assessment of practice, on successful completion of this course students will be able to plan and develop schemes of work, develop teaching and learning strategies and effectively teach in public/private schools, colleges and universities in many countries all over the world.
- All course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Personal tutor support with 1-2-1 Skype sessions
- Dedicated student support
- Access to an online social learning forum
- Assignment marking and feedback
- CV writing help on completion of the course